My kids and I are so thrilled that boba shops have taken off so much lately. We used to only have one far away restaurant that had them to go to. Now there are many shops right near our house. There are such a variety of options, it is so much fun to go and order something different each time. We all love mango, so mango milk tea boba seemed like a good choice to make at home.
If you haven’t had a boba drink (or bubble tea, black pearl tea, etc), these are tea, fruit, or smoothie/shake drinks with the large tapioca balls in them. While you drink your yummy concoction, you also slurp up the chewy satisfying boba through an extra large straw. It is hard to describe how satisfying they are to chew on, but it is addicting.
To make the boba, boil them as directed on the package and then place them into some sugar syrup so that they don’t stick and don’t dry out. Prepare whatever drink you want to put them in and then add them to it and serve. Super easy and fun!
Mango Milk Tea Boba
- 1 green tea bag
- 3/4 cup mango juice
- 1/2 cup milk, oat milk, half and half, etc
- 1/4 cup tapioca pearls
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- ice for serving
- Brew the green tea and let it cool in the fridge or shake with ice to cool it down.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water in the microwave or on the stove.
- Heat a saucepan of water boil and cook the boba as directed on the package or until they are chewy and not to hard. Rinse under cool water and add to the syrup right away.
- Stir the chilled tea, juice and milk together, add the boba in syrup and serve!