Another yummy comfort food recipe for you today. Cheese, chicken, bacon, ranch, pasta….drool. I love ranch, but if you aren’t a fan, you could substitute other seasonings instead. I think this would also be good with a Mexican twist using chipotle chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion powder, and some cayenne.
This recipe is really quick to put together, especially if you use rotisserie chicken. You can also use chicken tenderloins or thighs or breasts that you season, cook and cube. I used tenderloins and sprinkled them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and then pan seared them and cooked until done.
Besides the chicken you just need pasta, cream cheese, ranch seasoning packets, evaporated milk, mozzarella and cheddar cheese and bacon. I used the real bacon bits to save time. You could also cook and chop actual bacon and it would be amazing.
This makes a 9×13 pan, so you will have leftovers. You can halve the recipe, or you can freeze portions of the leftovers and reheat in the microwave or oven. I will be honest, this dish tasted good, but as a main dish it was a bit much. It would be great as a side dish at a party or something.
Ranch Chicken Pasta Bake
- 4 cups rotini
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz ranch seasoning mix (2 packets)
- 24 oz evaporated milk (2 cans)
- 2 1/4 cups chopped chicken or 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 oz bacon bits or chopped bacon
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Spray 9×13 pan with baking spray. Heat oven to 350.
- Mix cream cheese and ranch until smooth in stand mixer or bowl with a whisk.
- Add 1/2 can evaporated milk and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the can and mix. Then add the final can and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chicken, pasta and 1 cup of each cheese.
- Spread into the pan and top with the 1/2 cup of each cheese and bacon bits.
- Back for 30 minutes or until hot and golden brown.