This is a super simple and quick but delicious meal you can make in 20 minutes. It uses refrigerated or frozen grocery store ravioli and the sauce is only a few ingredients, but they are ones that pack in the flavor.
I had half a jar of sun dried tomatoes left from when I made seared shrimp with sun dried tomato risotto that I wanted to use up so this was the perfect recipe to do that. The sauce for the dish is made from garlic, sun dried tomatoes, dried herbs, half and half, dijon mustard, spinach and parmesan.
You can use any flavor of ravioli or tortellini or even regular pasta for this. I used cheese and spinach ravioli. You can also top with julienned fresh basil for a pop of freshness when eating. And of course top with more parmesan when serving. Enjoy!
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Ravioli
- 2 9 oz packages of ravioli or equivalent
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves sliced
- 4 tbsp sun dried tomatoes in oil chopped fine
- 2 tsp dried italian herbs
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups baby spinach washed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan plus more for serving
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil for serving if desired
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt well. Add the ravioli and cook as directed.
- In a skillet, heat the butter over medium and add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes along with the dried herbs and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the half and half, dijon and slowly add in the parm, stirring until it melts. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and simmer until it wilts down and let the sauce thicken a bit.
- Add the ravioli and toss. Plate and top with more parm and the basil.