Healthy Cauliflower Egg Muffins
Healthy and tasty quiche like egg muffins with veggies and spices
- 12 oz frozen riced cauliflower my package was 10 oz
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach I used frozen and microwaved and strained to remove water.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese of any kind I used fontina and Boursin cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour or almond flour can leave out if your remove water from veggies
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- any other fresh herbs, dried herbs, spices, veggies, etc
Heat the oven to 375. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and I sprayed mine with cooking spray for easy removal from the liners.
If using vegetables, partially cook and wring them out to remove liquid before using.
Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 15-25 minutes depending on your ingredients and oven. You can tell these are done when they are firm when you tap the top, and a toothpick put into the center only encounters firm egg. They will be just starting to brown slightly.
You can store in the fridge or the freezer.