As mentioned in my Chicken Balsamico post, I have some amazing balsamic and garlic oil that my mom sent from Michigan and my kids had been asking to have it with some homemade bread, so I made some fresh baguettes and this garlic balsamic olive oil dip to have with a charcuterie board.
This dip is super easy to make and just uses stuff that we mostly have on hand. It definitely makes a huge difference here to use both good olive oil and good balsamic vinegar. Especially the vinegar. I suggest well aged, because it has a sweeter, smooth flavor and isn’t as acidic to eat in this format.
In addition to those, this dip has chopped fresh garlic (make sure to chop finely), red pepper flakes, dried italian seasoning, salt, pepper and parmesan. You can also add some chopped fresh herbs like basil or parsley too if you like.
Garlic Balsamic Olive Oil Dip
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated parm
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh herbs optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Serve with fresh bread for dipping.