This was a super quick dinner to pull together after a long ortho appt for my daughter. I cut and marinated the steak earlier in the day, and used store bought gnocchi so it only took about 15 minutes to make this meal.
The steak is marinated with citrus, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and spices so it has tons of flavor and then is seared and tossed with garlic butter. The gnocchi is cooked and then browned in some butter and I love the texture and flavor of the browned up gnocchi.
I served this with some super quick pan seared zucchini slices and some grated parm on top.
Garlic Steak Bites with Parmesan Gnocchi
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh black pepper
- 2 lbs gnocchi
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cut steak into bite sized pieces. Combine the marinade in a bag and add the steak. Only marinate for an hour or two because this marinade is very acidic and will make the steak mushy if it sits too long.
- Cook gnocchi according to instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan to very very hot and add a little oil. Dry the steak well on paper towels so you get a great sear instead of steaming it. Once the pan is smoking, add 1/2 the steak and let sit until well browned. Then stir and let sit for another minute or two. Check a piece for doneness and cook to your liking. We prefer medium, so still pink in the center.
- Remove and cook the second batch of steak. Meanwhile in another pan, start heating the butter over high heat. When starting to brown a bit, add the gnocchi and let sit for a few minutes and browned on one side. Toss and repeat.
- Add the resting steak to the skillet with the second batch of cooking steak and add the garlic and toss, cooking just for a minute.
- Mix the steak with the gnocchi and sprinkle with parmesan and serve.