Even though my youngest is a teenager, she still loves Halloween (and so do I), so today I am sharing this super easy and fun Halloween treat recipe. These cookies don’t take long and they are so cute! It probably took me and hour start to finish (other than freezing the pb cups) to make them today.
They are an easy peanut butter cookie base, topped with a small Reese’s cup and the legs are just piped on with melted chocolate and a piping bag. You can get these fun eyes on amazon (see my links) and they are good for many kid’s baking projects. One key note on making these, it is a good idea to freeze the unwrapped peanut butter cups for a few hours before you push them into the top of the cookie, so that they don’t melt too much.
Halloween Peanut Butter Cup Spiders
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar plus extra for rolling the cookies in
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- miniature reese's cups frozen
- candy eyes
- chocolate chips for melting
- piping bag
- Heat oven to 375 and line a few baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, shortening, vanilla, both sugars, milk and salt. Whisk well and add the egg and sprinkle the baking soda over the mixture and whisk it all together well. Add the flour and fold it in until mixed.
- Scoop out inch size balls of dough using a cookie scoop and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes, rotating half way through, until a few cracks start to form in the top. Don't over bake them.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, stick a frozen pb cup in the top of each one and allow to cool fully. Using a piping bag full of the melted chocolate chips, pipe on the legs and use chocolate to attach the eyes. Enjoy!