Cheeseburger quesadillas are a great quick weeknight meal when you don’t want to spend more than 20 minutes or so on dinner. I love to make a big complicated recipe a lot of the time, because I truly enjoy cooking. But there are still some days where I just want it to be as fast and easy as possible.
This recipe takes a basic cheese quesadilla and amps up the flavor with cheeseburger flavored ground beef and pickles. The ground beef is browned and then mixed with a combo of mayo, mustard, and ketchup with a bit of Worcestershire sauce. This is layered onto the tortilla with some cheddar cheese and pickles, and I added some onion slices as well. Then the tortilla is topped with another tortilla and toasted in a frying pan until browned and crispy. Bonus points if some cheese melts out and gets crisped up on the outside.
You could also add other toppings to this that you’d get on a burger. Crumbled cooked bacon would be an awesome addition. These are great dipped in ranch and with a little chopped salad of romaine and tomato to eat with it. Today I served them with frozen fries and broccoli because that is what I had.
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp pickle juice from your pickles
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
For the quesadillas:
- 1 lb ground beef I use 85/15
- 6 tortillas burrito size
- 6 cups shredded cheddar cheese or a mix of cheeses
- 24 dill pickle chips
- sliced white onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the sauce ingredients and taste and adjust to your preference. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, brown the ground beef until it is fully cooked and browning. About 6-8 minutes. Drain on paper towels if you'd like.
- Wipe out the skillet and mix the ground beef with the sauce. Spray the pan with a little cooking oil spray.
- Lay one tortilla in to the pan over medium. Spread the shredded cheese all over and top with some of the meat/sauce. You are making 3 large quesadillas so use about 1/3 of the meat mixture for each. Top with pickle slices and a bit more shredded cheese to hold it together and place the other tortilla on top.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown and crispy.
- Flip and cook the other side the same way. Cut into wedges and serve with ranch or salad.