As I posted a few days ago, I made these yummy rolls that are a cross between a pretzel bun and sandwich roll. I made them in order to make these tasty toasted smoked turkey and cheddar sliders.
These warm, baked sandwiches have smoked turkey, aged cheddar, some sweet pickled Vidalia onions, and a sauce made from dijon and whole grain mustard and a little mayo. These taste similar to a croque monsieur sandwich, but are way quicker and easier to make.
Since these are simple, I recommend using a high quality smoked deli turkey and aged cheddar cheese. It really helps add flavor to these. I used Mt. Olive brand pickled Vidalia onions, but if you don’t have those you could use some fried or caramelized onions, or quick pickle some onions at home.
Smoked Turkey and Cheddar Sliders with Honey Mustard
- 8 pretzel rolls or any sandwich rolls you like
- 1 lb smoked deli turkey
- 1 lb aged cheddar cheese sliced
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard or a mix of dijon and whole grain
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup pickled or fried onion optional
- Mix together the mustard and mayo. Slice your rolls and place them on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350. Spread some sauce on the bottom halves of the rolls. Layer the turkey (or ham) and cheddar on the sandwich and top with onions. Spread some sauce on the top half of the roll and close it up. Cover with foil and bake until hot inside and the cheese is melted. About 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.