We just got back from Michigan and so we are all stocked up on our cherry vodka and whiskey. I love all the sour cherry goodies we get from up there. We got this delicious cherry vodka, which is not sweet, but it has a great cherry flavor.
I combined the vodka with equal parts lemon/lime juice, a little water, some sour cherry concentrate and a hint of grenadine to make a sweet and sour cherry cocktail. This was fairly sour, a bit too sour for my husband. I liked the sourness level. You can adjust the grenadine to increase the sweetness if you like. If you use sweetened cherry flavored vodka you don’t need to add any additional sweetener.
Cherry Vodka Sour
- 3 oz cherry vodka unsweetened if you can find it
- 3 oz lemon/lime juice either or a combo of both
- 2 oz water
- 2 oz sour cherry concentrate
- 1 oz grenadine or more to taste
- Combine everything in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until ice cold. Pour into a glass with ice and serve. You can top with some sparkling water if you prefer a sparkling version.