Pork chile verde is a delicious dish made with tender cubes of pork, slow cooked in a delicious chile verde sauce. You can serve this dish with rice, or my favorite way is to serve with some corn tortillas, onion, cilantro and sour cream.
This recipe is a quicker version of chile verde using jarred salsa and enchilada sauce to make life easier and it is so delicious. You could also make this in the crock pot or instapot and it would come out great.
I used boneless pork loin roast here, but you can also use pork butt/shoulder. The chopped fresh cilantro and onion on top really adds some freshness and crunch to this dish so don’t skip those. You could also use flour tortillas to eat this if you prefer. I have a huge bag of masa so will be making corn tortillas for the next many months 🙂
Easy Pork Chile Verde
For the pork:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin or boneless pork shoulder
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 28 oz green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 4oz can green chiles
- salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
- Corn or flour tortillas or rice
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onion
- limes for squeezing over
- sour cream
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large oven safe pot. Add the pork cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow to brown well on one side before stirring. Brown the cubes fully, then add the onion, garlic and jalapeno and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in the enchilada sauce, salsa, green chiles. Put into a 300 degree oven for 2-3 hours until pork is very tender, or use a crock pot.
- Serve the pork in tortillas or over rice with the toppings.