I’m getting hungry just looking at this picture 🙂 Black pepper garlic chicken and noodles is a quick, easy and filling meal that you only need a few simple Asian ingredients to make. You can use any kind of noodles you like (I used wheat based ramen noodles, but you can use rice noodles if you are GF).
The chicken in this dish is tossed in a mixture of cornstarch, garlic powder, ginger powder, black pepper and salt and then seared in a hot pan and cooked until tender. It is mixed with garlic, shallot, veggies and a simple Asian sauce and served over noodles or you could serve over rice if you prefer.
The sauce for this dish only requires some soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, oyster sauce and if you like some chili oil or chili crisp to add spice. You can find my favorite chili crisp on amazon (see my favorite links).
Black Pepper Garlic Chicken and Noodles
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili oil or crisp optional
For the chicken:
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper more to taste
- oil for the pan
For the dish:
- 8 oz noodles cooked according to package
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 small head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 shallots sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- basil or cilantro
- Heat a few tbsp of oil in a skillet until smoking hot. Add the pepper and broccoli and cook without stirring until it is starting to char. Stir and repeat. Do this until there are some nice blackened spots on the veggies but they still have a little crispness to them. Set aside.
- Heat a pot of water to boiling and start cooking the noodles. When done, drain and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking.
- Mix the chicken with the spices, pepper and cornstarch. Reheat another 2 tbsp or so of oil until very hot and add the chicken. Allow to brown over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and cook until almost cooked through. Add the garlic and shallots and stir. Continue to cook until the chicken is fully cooked and the shallots and garlic are soft.
- Add the sauce and stir. Cook over medium heat, allowing the sauce to thicken from the cornstarch. When it is ready, add the noodles and the veggies in and stir it all together. Serve in bowls topped with cilantro or basil if you like.