I have an amazing ingredient to share with you guys. I learned about Thai chile jam from an amazing Thai cookbook that I unfortunately can’t remember the name of. The jam is so complex and it allows you to create a dish with so much depth in a matter of minutes. If you are look for a super quick weeknight meal, order some jam on amazon, make Thai chicken with chile jam, and thank me later.
I order my chile jam on Amazon most of the time because it can sometimes be hard to find. Luckily Amazon always has it. This recipe also uses fish sauce and oyster sauce which I have links to in my Thai Chicken Stir Fry post.
Armed with your chile jam, this recipe could not be easier. The veggies and chicken are stir fried at high heat, sauce is added and it is done! It is literally that easy. I serve this over hot white rice. I will sometimes make another veggie to go with with it, or some frozen dumplings from one of our Asian markets. The incredible flavor of this 10 minute dish has me making it over and over. If you give it a try, I bet you will too.
Thai Chicken with Chile Jam
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast thin sliced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into wedges
- 1 hot pepper (optional) sliced if you would like to add more heat
- 1/2 cup chile jam
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- hot rice for serving
- Thinly slice the chicken. Cut the peppers and onions as directed.
- Heat the oil until very hot and add the onion and pepper. Cook briefly until it starts to blister but don't overcook. You want the veggies to still have some snap.
- Move veggies to a plate and stir fry the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Add the sauces and stir. Add the veggies in and toss everything briefly.
- Serve over hot rice.